School’s out for the summer and I’m trying hard to plan ahead for plenty of things to do so that I don’t find myself sitting in front of the TV being lazy for weeks at a time. I’ve got 8-weeks of summer. I’m not sure how many books I can actually read and my list keeps getting longer, but I’m going to do my best!
- The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
- All That Is Bitter & Sweet by Ashley Judd
- Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell
- The Omnivore’s Dilemma by Michael Pollan
- Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
Faith & Family
- The Prodigal God by Timothy Keller
- Love and Respect by Emerson Eggerichs
- What Women Fear by Angie Smith
- One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp (for the third time)
- Passages by Brian Hardin
- Practical Theology for Women by Wendy Horger Alsup (Bible Study)
- Stuck by Jennie Allen (Fall 2012 Bible Study)
For the Teacher in Me
- Beyond Discipline by Alfie Kohn finished June 15, 2012
- Teaching with Love and Logic by Jim Fay and David Funk
- Teach Like a Champion by Doug Lemov
- …In addition I have some curriculum redesign to do!
So – I realize that is quite the list, but I’m excited to read as many as I can! Now it’s your turn: what are you reading this summer?